We are a tech-based company, one the fastest growing private enterprises in the Tri-State. Divisions Maintenance Group
is a Top Workplace, Inc. 5000 member, rising quickly on the Fast 55 and Top Privately Held Companies lists. We are a national leader in Facilities Maintenance, handling thousands of properties across the country from one, centralized location in Newport, KY. As a Senior Software Developer at Divisions, you will participate in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions.
We have great respect and interest in new technologies and applications, we are looking for candidates who do as well.
https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/dmgSummary of Responsibilities:
Participates in the design, development, and implementation of large, complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware, technologies and tools. May direct project staff in the development and implementation of technology solutions in support of business requirementsPosition Responsibilities:
- Leads day-to-day system development and maintenance activities planning, designing and developing technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements and service level agreements with a focus on innovation, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
- Performs system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, and remediation of the problems. Selects appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapts to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contributes ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintains solution and technology road maps.
- Researches and evaluates current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
- Follows and promotes quality assurance and quality control processes in the department. Actively looks for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentors and guides other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensures adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Performs quality inspections and walkthroughs through out the SDLC including requirements review, design review, code review and security review to ensure compliance with department standards.
- Keeps abreast of latest products and technical innovations in the marketplace as related to applications supported.
- Writes clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the cost of defects over time.
- Works with customers to understand and improve existing code for their area to deliver efficient, effective results. Ensures ongoing quality of the product delivered.
- Responsible for establishing and managing established quality control and security protocols
- Provides the Company, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Possesses extensive proven overall software development experience developing solutions using enterprise level best practices. Has strong understanding of software design principals and architecture.
- Has significant experience and proficiency in developing applications on the Microsoft .NET platform.
- Hands-on experience with multiple technology areas like API, Microservices, Event Streaming & Messaging, Logging & Monitoring, Databases (SQL, NOSQL, NewSQL), Containers, Serverless Frameworks etc.)
- Experience working with AWS services EC2, S3, EKS, OpenShift, Lambda, etc. under DevOps practices
- Expertise in writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms. Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing. Experience with multiple data formats and serialization methods.
- Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, encryption, and storage systems.
- Demonstrated experience integrating AI/ML as scalable components within a commercial product stack.
- Experience working with Data Scientists and Data Engineers and associated technologies (i.e. Spark, Python, Conda, Jupyter, Airflow, etc.). Familiarity with geospatial data.
- Experience with Full stack development including front end that is backed by highly performant and scalable APIs.
- Significant experience with Agile methodologies and is a strong advocate of a process-driven software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, can follow and direct action to implement intended results.
- Maintains effective partnerships across the department, and with business customers, and can provide management with substantive input and influence peers and project staff through an inclusive style and recognition of abilities and knowledge.
- Identifies those project tasks that are most important and maintains a clear sense of priorities and the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills by displaying an understanding the needs and perspective of others.
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and can function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Proven a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of small high performance project team in a dynamic fast-pace environment.
- Lives Divisions Values – Passionate, Accountable, Committed, Trustworthy - demonstrating the values of Divisions through words, actions, and by example, fosters and environment that reflects the values of the company.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other numerate discipline.
What you get
- .Net/C#, Java, C++
- Kafka, Pulsar
- API Gateways (i.e. Mulesoft, Apigee, Kong)
- Mobile Development (cross platform & native)
- Containers, Orchastration (Docker, Kubernetes, Zookeeper)
- Cassandra, Greenplum, Postgre, Hadoop, SQL Server
- Rocks DB
- Equally comfortable in Linux and Windows
Certifications & licenses (i.e. CPA, etc.):
- Base salary PLUS bonuses
- Internal growth opportunities (We pride ourselves on promoting from within.)
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage starting day ONE
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid cell phone or monthly stipend
- 100% Remote position
- Certifications helpful but not required..
Divisions Maintenance Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.