Technical Lead Java Node Angular
Remote, United Kingdom
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
- Designing, developing, testing and maintaining cloud-based software applications.
- Technical leadership within a team to coordinate and deliver scalable, secure solutions in line with good industry software engineering practices (code quality, CI/CD, security etc).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology
- Experience of technical ownership for a product or software solution, covering design, estimation, shaping and user story/requirement creation
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration, release, support-handover
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 and customer stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, Testing, Product etc
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation and presentations to stakeholders of various technical ability.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to team members and customers.
- Manage, coach and develop junior members of your team and the wider community
- Fostering a positive working environment and facilitating team collaboration and communication.
- Deep understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including microservices and message-driven architectures
- Practical experience with Microsoft Azure, focusing on PaaS technologies
- Integration experience (Java Message Service, Apache ActiveMQ, ActiveMQ)
- API Design experience (REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP)
- Data Processing experience (JSON, CSV, XML)