Are you excited about working with some of the latest technologies to deliver new solutions to banks & credit unions? The Jack Henry & Associates, Common Shared Services team is hiring a Lead Microservices Software Engineer to help deliver cloud-first, microservices-based banking applications for Jack Henry!
As part of the Common Shared Services team, you’ll be at the center of JHA’s strategic development initiatives for new banking applications. In your daily activities as a Microservices Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a DevOps team creating new banking applications as well shared platform services using .NET Core in an innovative technology stack. You’ll engage daily with other frontend and DevOps engineers, product owners, and QA automation engineers in your team. You’ll also collaborate with business leaders, product subject matter experts, JHA enterprise services teams, and our clients to design & build solutions that Jack Henry customers will love!
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is annually recognized as one of the best tech companies to work for in the U.S. by Forbes and other local sources! This is a fast paced and fun work environment with a great team engaging like a start-up company. You’ll need to be able to be agile, flexible, and self-motivated, and someone who loves to work closely with other teams across JHA and our clients.
This position can be worked out of any of the following: Lenexa, KS, Allen, TX, Brentwood, TN, Cedar Falls, IA, or Springfield, MO or be 100% REMOTE from any US location.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of software development experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years developing apps exposing .NET services exposing SOAP or REST API’s.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years developing cloud-hosted applications (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Must have a minimum of 2 years building .NET Core applications or services.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% for team meetings, trainings, or workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Must have demonstrated experience and continued interest in mentoring other developers and presenting app features & technologies to stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Core, C# 8.0 or Java microservices.
- Experience building RESTful API’s and integrating with SOAP-based API’s and web services.
- SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database experience.
- Apache or Confluent Kafka experience.
- Docker Containers, Kubernetes or Azure Kubernetes Service experience.
- Key Vaults and Certificate Management experience.
- Experience with ElasticStack, LogStash/Fluentd, Kibana.
- Experience with Git-based repositories.
- JHA Silverlake or CIF 20/20 product experience.
- Oversees the timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Defines or refines standards for the design and development of software. Collaborates with developers, QA, operations, and management to provide technical direction in requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level task and project effort estimates/costs and oversight.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Oversees the definition and documentation of standards. Contributes to defining and improving department processes.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies and development environments.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers. May act as a team lead.