About the opportunity
The Flock Device software team is looking to add an Android Software Engineer responsible for integrating our machine learning technology. Our Device team is made up of scrappy engineers who are responsible for all of the code running on a variety of devices Flock deploys in the real world. In this position, you will be responsible for the machine learning aspect of our media-pipeline, ultimately enhancing and delivering critical evidence to our customers. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about taking new products and cutting edge research to production.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Write the business logic to enable our Machine Learning models
- Design systems at scale – We capture over 200M images daily and process them on the device in real time
- Own features through their lifecycle: ideation, proof of concept, beta testing, and release
- Design and develop media processing pipelines that extract and develop
- Communicate with the cloud additional metadata to enrich image data
- Design and develop testing fixtures to evaluate product capabilities and requirements
- Balance performance with energy consumption - we're a machine learning enabled media processing machine powered by the sun!
- Leverage profilers to detect bottlenecks and optimization opportunities
- Leverage exception tracing techniques to identify error trends and bad releases
- Collaborate with Hardware, Machine Learning, and Platform teams on multifaceted projects touching the entire system
- Work with systems designed for ultimate redundancy and high availability
- BS / MS in Computer Science
- Have delivered production Android apps using Kotlin
- Experience with image processing, machine learning, deep learning, or computer vision
- Desire to tackle complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a robust solution
- Effectively communicate at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and be understood
- Basic git knowledge
- Like to work on a product you can touch, see, and experience.
- Don't mind clicking accept when the screen says you're about to void the warranty.
- Are excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product.
- Be able to crack a joke every now and then, even if you're the only one who laughs.