We are looking for a Senior Cloud Architect to help manage key projects on our multi-year program to rationalize, unify and cloud enable several existing core business products. This exciting program will help transform the way our products work around the globe both by unifying and cloud enabling our core on-device software products.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in not only designing cloud architectures but also have a deep understanding of one or more major cloud computing ecosystems (GCP is a plus) and their associated services, as well as world class experience designing and transferring existing applications to the cloud. A formal background in distributed systems with an understanding of highly scalable embedded real time systems is highly advantageous.
A world class track record of being a key technical leader in the implementation of enterprise cloud transformation projects and a digital thought leader in large organizations is ideal. A positive, can do attitude and excellent communication skills and teamwork across a large organization in a remote environment is required.
- Help define our cloud strategy execution plan, making key technical decisions on where should leverage cloud technologies across key products.
- Collaborate between business and IT teams to deliver a cohesive strategy.
- Clearly articulate, evangelize and socialize key technical aspects of the strategy and execution plan.
- Oversee technical decision making and architecture during the cloud enablement phase, modifying, enhancing, and moving key applications from on-premise or co-located hardware.
- Create/oversee a best practices cloud transformation strategy and architecture.
- Regularly evaluate the latest cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Provide deep knowledge on key risk factors in a cloud architecture and associated tool selection such as multi cloud support a single heterogeneous architecture
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Understand the company's business needs with respect to the project and represent the company's best interests in managing relationships with any implementation partners and vendors by technically assessing their offerings
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in computer science, or related technical field
- 7 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Experience with large scale GCP, AWS or Azure enterprise implementations (ideally GCP)
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
- Experience working with real time embedded systems and their interaction with cloud environments