At Ascensus, technology powers the business that helps millions of people save for what mattersretirement, education, and healthcare. Our technology experts tackle exciting challenges in collaborative, agile teams and work in an environment where individual and career development is always valued. Technology associates leverage their talents and passions to build new and innovative platforms, and create solutions using agile framework and automation to drive existing and new marketsall of which supports the rapid growth of a dynamic industry leader.
The Principal Product Manager position reports directly to the Head of Product Innovation within the Government Savings line of business of Ascensus. This role will be primarily responsible for driving the vision and definition of mobile product strategy within the division, including product feature design and deployment, enhancements, and strategic product extensions. Involvement in other division product efforts may be required as a secondary focus. This position requires a successful track record of driving mobile strategy and deployment, ideally within the financial services industry.
- Create and continuously maintain a mobile product roadmap based on current management goals and priorities, user feedback and competitor analysis.
- Drive scoping, provide detailed specifics on functionality required, and create action plans for product success based on assessing market demand through industry research, actively seeking customer/partner input, and determining product design tradeoffs of distribution, cost, and resources.
- Research and actively track trends in mobile capabilities and provide ongoing analysis to senior management regarding the impact to existing and future products.
- Work with the data analytics, technology, and user experience teams to capture and analyze appropriate product metrics regarding customer engagement, success or failure within user journeys, and/or usage of product features. Analyze this data to clearly articulate future product planning needs.
- Research and develop product insights based on customer feedback, servicing interactions, and other analytics. Serve as the subject matter expert in this area and share this expertise directly with internal and external clients. Perform continuous analysis of usage patterns to ensure optimized experience.
- Investigate third-party partnerships/tools which can increase customer mobile adoption rates, contribution rates, and/or enrollment levels to further product expansion and accelerate success.
- Communicate mobile product initiative plans across teams. Cross-functional business groups include Technology, Operations, Client Services, User Experience, Relationship Management, Marketing, Legal, and Finance.
- Confidently represent Government Savings product with Ascensus clients and partners to ensure adequate communication of mobile product plans, features, and requirements. Provide post-implementation support to ensure product success and appropriate product evolution.
- Interface with potential and existing third-party vendors as part of product exploration, scope definition, and implementation.
- Provide input within internal discussions on product pricing and contract structure as part of product implementation.
- Analyze data for existing products and recommend next best action to maximize product success.
- Participate in daily prioritization of critical support issues affecting the product vis a vis new product features in the backlog.
- Limited travel required.
- Ability to influence all stakeholders based on empirical data and experience
- Extensive experience in agile delivery methodology required.
- Role requires deep partnership, negotiation and facilitation across multiple facets of business and delivery to be successful.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in financial services product management or equivalent, particularly in the area of mobile application development and management
- Experience in working with partners and external third parties
- Experience in cross-team collaboration to deliver successful products
- Experience in project management skills
- 401k, 529, IRA or other savings program experience is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication, design, planning, project management, and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly focused teamwork environment using a client-focused philosophy
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of managing mobile products that have achieved success in the market
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).