Who We Want:
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to design medical devices.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do:
- In this role, you will independently design and develop electrical components and sub-systems for medical devices.
- Develop and apply advanced circuit and electrical system test methods.
- Conduct or design advanced prototyping and testing.
- Conduct advanced problem solving, identify potential solutions, and evaluate them against component and sub-system requirements.
- Conduct and design research and studies to support advanced product design.
- Translate user needs to design inputs/ specifications and produce advanced component and sub-system level designs.
- Analyze and correct complex product design issues, using independent judgment.
- Independently balance design tradeoffs while designing a component of the system.
Core Competencies :
- Contributes to product development from concept through release.
- Deliver high quality results with passion, energy and drive to meet business priorities.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to build partnership to achieve business objectives.
Med Device Compliance :
- Be proficient with and mentor others in usage of industry standards, including design requirements and test strategies per applicable regulations.
- Lead creation and refinement of engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
- Follow and mentor others on R&D procedures like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
What you need
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in EE or related discipline
- 4+ years of work experience
- Advanced understanding of electrical components and manufacturing methods including common failure modes.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and test electrical designs.
- Working knowledge of the electrical design process.
- Proficiency in the use of CAD and/or other circuit design and analysis tools to design
- Knowledge of standard technologies used in industry.
- Ability to interpret and analyze system drawings with basic Mechanical/Software/Electrical Interactions
- Knowledge of sub-system, system, and environmental interactions and how to design them.
Preferred Skills / Engineering tools
- Familiarity and implementation ability to use the following measurement techniques including but not limited to RF (power, phase, etc.), network analyzer, impedance analyzer, high voltage techniques.
- Design and analysis of analog circuits including resistors, capacitors, inductors, op-amps, transistors, active and passive filters, ADC's, amplifiers, sensors, and crystals.
- Understanding, documentation, and implementation of full electronics life cycle, including concepts, requirements, design documentation, manufacturing, verification, and validation.
- Ability to use PCB design tools and understand application of EE concepts towards signal integrity and electromagnetics. Experience in using OrCAD PCB designer, Cadence or Altium Designer.
- SW Embedded language experience a plus for correlating electronic functionality requirements to SW control algorithms