Location: Remote within the UK, although occasional (circa once a month) travel to Head Office in Petersfield, Hampshire
Feefo operates a vibrant and dynamic team set in a collaborative working environment, with a strong culture of developing leading solutions using new technologies. The role of Software Developer (Java) is within our Technical Delivery Team which is broken down into a number of Agile Scrum units each consisting of a Scrum Master, Product Owner along with API/UI Developers and QA Engineers.
Responsibilities will be varied and will contribute to both new feature development within the Feefo platform, as well as bug fixing and smaller enhancements to existing functionality. Our platform APIs are the foundation to Feefo’s success, providing business logic and integration to our datasets required for our consumer and merchant facing web applications.
- To fully engage in the Agile Scrum methodologies and development principles used within the team with a focus on their continuous improvement;
- Design technical solutions to functional requirements that scale effectively and efficiently across massive and complex data sets;
- Translate functional requirements and technical designs into API code, implementing the business logic between our data persistence layer and our consumer and merchant facing web applications;
- Writing unit tests;
- Writing technical documentation, both as inline code comments and as knowledge sharing documents for use by peers;
- Close collaboration with the Cloud Infrastructure Team with joint responsibility for DevOps functions such as configuration management, CI and monitoring;
- Assisting in the mentoring of other team members in Agile practice & design principles;
- Work on break/fix tasks that have been escalated from our Customer Support and Technical Support teams providing Level 3 support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- At least four years of commercial experience in Java software development.
- Experience of Agile development design principles.
- Development of APIs of RESTful APIs.
- Java 8 or higher
- JUnit / Mocking frameworks
- Relational/SQL and No-SQL databases, ideally Google DataStore and BigQuery
- Willingness to work collaboratively within the team and extended team (e.g UI Developers, QA Engineers) and alongside other stakeholders.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Cloud based services, ideally Google Cloud Platform
- Test Automation Frameworks
- Behaviour driven development
- Build Automation tools, ideally Maven