As a core member of the Global Technology Office, the Senior Project Manager will help manage key projects on our multi-year cloud enablement program. This exciting program will help transform the way our products work around the globe both by unifying and cloud enabling our core on-device software products.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in agile project management with extensive experience running large scale digital transformation projects/programs, ideally in cloud enablement. Experience in cloud computing ecosystems and their associated services, ideally GCP is a plus. A positive, can do attitude and excellent communication skills and teamwork across a large organization in a remote environment is required.
Candidates must have a thorough understanding of all stages of the development life cycle, have demonstrable experience executing multiple complex projects within a stage gate & agile methodology process to ensure that all deliverables are completed and approved by project stakeholders. The Project Manager will be working with cross functional teams to ensure products are launched on time and within budget.
Core technical skills
- Experience managing and leading multiple large software projects from inception to production in a remote environment
- Prior experience executing cloud transformation engagements
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience a strong plus
- Extensive Agile experience
Core behavioral competencies
- Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations
- Strong ability to thrive in a global, fast paced matrix environment
- Problem solving aptitude - the ability to understand, articulate and execute marketing/business strategy and critical client objectives
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals
- Good communication, presentation, and interactive skills with team across geography
- Works well under pressure and meets deadline
Educational / professional qualification
- Bachelors or Masters degree in relevant technology field (i.e. in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, and software development
- Track record of working in global organizations with more than 10 years of technology experience in a combination of utility, telecommunication, technology industry, platforms and project management
- Specialization in complex multi-million dollar programs and with advanced technologies
- Strong working knowledge of stage gate & agile methodology
- Position may require some travel to vendor sites as well as between Landis+Gyr locations to meet with project teams, external partners and/or business customers.