REMOTE position: We are known for building award-winning music software. Our flagship products are called Mixed In Key and Captain Plugins: https://mixedinkey.com and https://mixedinkey.com/captain-plugins/
We want you to build the next generations of this software with us
Get to know us:
1. Our team is global, and everyone works remotely
Our team lives all over the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, Bosnia, Netherlands, and Latvia. You can work remotely from anywhere in the world as long as you're available part of the day (EST time) for collaboration
2. We hire great developers
3. You'll learn a lot from this job
Our software is more complex than most products. You'll learn a lot from working on it.
Your teammates are friendly, talented and polite. If you're looking for collaborators and mentors, you'll find them.
4. Our goal is to teach our fans how to compose great music
We launched a new product called Captain Plugins. Magazine press and our fans loved it, so we have a wish list of hundreds of feature requests and ideas on what to build next. That is why we're hiring -- we have a lot of interesting work
Here's the YouTube video showing how the plugin works:
One of the best testimonials we've gotten is that "These plugins close the door on the past." They are a brand-new way to write music and create songs from scratch.
5. Skills & requirements
1) A very solid understanding of Objective-C
2) Some knowledge of Swift
3) Optional, but nice to have: C++ knowledge, so you can integrate audio engines with new front-ends written in Obj-C
4) Any experience in CoreAudio and/or AVFoundation would be a big plus
5) Doing something hard - like 3D rendering, or OS-level stuff, or whatever — everything that goes beyond making basic iOS apps
6) Knowledge of music and music theory is helpful but not required
7) Natural curiosity for how things work
8) Taking a lot of initiative. This is part of the job requirement - we hire people who take initiative
9) Desire to work from home. You can work 4 days a week (Tuesday-Friday, or Monday-Thursday), or 5 days a week depending on your preference. We don't hire for less than 32 hours per week