Do you enjoy any of the following?
- Solving complex problems.
- Reasoning about behaviour of distributed algorithms.
- Experience with implementing non-trivial infrastructure code.
- Creating well-crafted and thoroughly tested features, taking full-responsibility from the design phase.
- Paying attention to all aspects of code quality, from clean-code to allocation-rates.
- Digging into mechanical sympathy concepts.
- Reading about database design and internals.
- Delivering a technical presentation at a conference.
At Hazelcast you will get a chance to work with some of the best engineers out there who,
- Delve into JVM code.
- Implement and scrutinize garbage collection algorithms.
- Take any piece of software and multiply its performance by applying deep technical understanding.
- Regularly squash bugs in the depths of a JVM
We are looking for people to join the Hazelcast core team. At Hazelcast, you'll get to work on an exciting and popular open-source project that pushes the boundaries of distributed computing.
We accept candidates working remotely from Ukraine and Turkey only. Additionally, in Istanbul, it's possible to work from Hazelcast's office
Skills & requirements
We would like you to:
- Be a senior Java engineer - including all aspects connected to it.
- Have very strong technical skills with core Java, including:
- Java's concurrency model, also known as the Java Memory Model
- concurrency and networking
- Have an understanding of and interest in:
- concurrency and lock-free algorithms
- low-latency systems
- distributed systems and database design theory
- garbage collection
- Be skeptical yet always open to new concepts.
- Have strong opinions about software quality.
- Be an excellent communicator in written and spoken English.
- Equity options
- Flexible working hours and location (this is a remote position)
- Workplace cost reimbursement (coworking space, laptop)
- Conference speaking opportunities.