Our web applications are the heart of our software offerings and as Front End Web Application Engineer you'll build the engaging web experiences that empower our event organizers to create and manage world-class events.
Your primary task will be to utilize your design knowledge/problem-solving skills to join our team as we create, maintain, and enhance our large-scale web applications. You should be on the cutting edge of emerging standards, technologies, and tools while being well-versed in cross-platform, multi-cloud development of complex, highly-available systems. Ultimately, we want someone who will take pride in learning quickly and contributing fully to create an experience our users will love.
- Program quality and complete web applications using React (and a little ASP.NET Core) based upon approved designs.
- Collaborate closely with other developers and graphic designers.
- Provide quality control over both code and visual concepts/designs.
- Participate on multiple projects from concept through completion without continual supervision.
- Potentially lead sessions in your areas of strength while supervising and inspiring those involved in your process.
- One or more years of experience coding web applications using React.
- Familiarity with consuming HTTP Web API's.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems.
- Ability to communicate fluently, pleasantly, and effectively—both orally and in writing, in the English language—with customers and co-workers.
- Passion, integrity, energy, natural curiosity, and obsession with the details.
- Proven experience delivering results.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with C# and ASP.NET Core (or other similar server framework)
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with graphic design programs (Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Experience with wire-framing/mockup tools (InVision/Sketch).
- Experience with mobile development and deployment.
- Experience with back-end, server-side MVC architecture.
- Familiarity with relational database (SQL) design and/or non-structured persistent data stores (NoSQL)
- Demonstrable experience on past projects (via Github, BitBucket, Google Code, etc). A candidate with an active commit history at a site like these will be favored over a candidate without similar history.