As a Mobile iOS Developer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy cross-functional Scrum team responsible for developing applications for mobile devices powered by iOS Native Development Kit. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are responsive, robust and easy to maintain using best mobile development practices in the industry today coordinating with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. We are building high performing agile teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by continuously releasing quality software with user-centered design. Key expectations of this role include a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product along with a curiosity about new mobile technologies.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Create responsive front end mobile application interfaces per design guidelines and information architecture
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and back-end developers to deliver the business vision with improved user experience
- Optimize application for maximum performance
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Assist in estimating and planning throughout the software development life cycle.
- Support people and process improvement strategies for the organization.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Proficient understanding of building Native UI with iOS XML
- Proficient understanding .NET and C# on the Microsoft technology stack
- Proficient understanding iOS SDK's and frameworks
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of iO design principles and interface guidelines
- Understanding of Xamarin UITest automation framework
- Understanding of Nunit test framework for .NET
- Proficient understanding of GIT
- Experience working with Services Oriented Architecture, Web services, API Integration, and Restful Services
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Experience working with other developers, quality engineers (QE), DevOps engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment and continual operation
- Strong problem solving skills
Nice to Have Skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (Protected Status).