We have an immediate opportunity for a talented professional to join our team. The successful candidate will support our client network operations, incident management and post-implementation activities.
Typical responsibilities include
- Provide comprehensive expert network engineering support for the architecture, design, and implementation of Agency network requirements
- Design, build and implement network systems, with specific focus on VPNs, firewalls and other network connection points
- Configure and troubleshoot network paths, to include recommendations for implementation, tuning, and network rules in order to optimize network performance
- Engineer and design hardware solutions as required to ensure optimal capacity and availability of Agency services
- Engineer, install, configure, optimize, support and design solutions that incorporate DoD security requirements such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Develop technical solutions and provide SME support for documented and approved projects
- Ensure all engineered solutions are in compliance with DISA STIGs, DoD and Agency policies and standards
- Ensure engineered solutions are designed to maintain highest availability and service dependability
- Design and develop processes and documentation for lower-level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects
- Maintain existing and, as required, develop technical documentation that will include but is not limited to SOPs and System Architecture Guides and Diagrams adhering to organizational templates, policies, and standards
- Perform root cause analysis of critical outage and incidents, engineer permanent solutions, and coordinate implementation
- Coordinate/reach back to MTFs (Tier 2) or vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Understand and implement security best practices within network design and work with security specialists to minimize vulnerabilities, coordinate security planning
- Lead testing and validation on new hardware, software and connections for proper configuration and performance
- BA/BS degree in related field
- Experience designing, deploying, upgrading, enterprise level VoIP systems
- 8 plus years of hands on experience providing network engineering
- Proficiency with Active Directory, domain controllers, IP addressing, DNS, VPNs, remote access, VLANs, and VoIP systems
- Experience installing and configuring managed network switches, firewalls and cable plant infrastructure
- Active Secret Clearance
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 3 baseline certification (CISSP, CASP+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date
- Client facing consulting experience
- DoD experience a must
- Must be a self-starter and possess ability to manage priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to understand and convey technical material in writing
- CCNP or equivalent certification
Perks of working at NetImpact Strategies:
- Your health comes first – we offer comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance that starts the first of the month after you join the team
- Invest in your future – 401(k) Plan – Immediately vested employer contributions; no matching required
- Work hard, play hard – we offer a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy and observe ALL ten (10) federal holidays
- Pawsitively pawesome - Pet Insurance (because our little critters are part of our families too!)
- Invest in your education - Tuition reimbursement, internal training programs, & company sponsored industry certifications
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative work environment recently ranked by The Washington Post as a Top Work Place in 2019!
- Have fun and celebrate and give back - Team building activities, community volunteering, quarterly HQ days, & an offsite annual awards banquet
NetImpact Strategies specializes in Strategy and Business Transformation, IT Modernization, Data-Driven Intelligence, Cloud Services, and Cybersecurity. We are a team of skilled Consultants who listen to our clients’ needs. We design and implement comprehensive, tailored solutions that are both mindful of the client's culture and organizational dynamics. As mission needs change, new priorities emerge, technologies advance, and methodologies evolve; NetImpact stands out as a trusted advisor that can solve the challenges of today while looking for the opportunities of tomorrow. Our professionals stay abreast of these changes to provide agile, outcome-focused results for federal agency strategic and tactical needs. Approaching engagements as a partner, we provide solutions that empower our clients to achieve results that align with their mission and strategic vision.
NetImpact Strategies is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is NetImpact’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, NetImpact will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made NetImpact aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause undue hardship to NetImpact. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within NetImpact, or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize NetImpact’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetImpact is committed to the development of a creative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NetImpact will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NetImpact does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws (referred to as "protected status").