*This is a fully remote position for candidates in South and Latin America*
This role is for AWS or Azure certified architects. Will consider those with completed courses but lacking the final test.
- Design and implement end-to-end data solutions (storage, integration, processing, visualization) in Azure/AWS
- Design and implement database solutions in Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL
- Migrate data from traditional database systems (such as Teradata) to Azure/AWS databases
- Implement ad-hoc analysis solutions using Azure Data Lake Analytics/Store, HDInsight
- Architect and implement ETL and data movement solutions using Azure Data Factory, SSIS
- Design and develop data visualizations in Power BI/Tableau
- Prepare documentation and architectural designs
- Propose architectures that consider cost/spend in Azure/AWS and develop recommendations to right-size Azure data infrastructure
- Design & implement data security and governance policies and standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years-experience with Azure storage solutions such as Azure Storage, Azure Storage Disks, and Azure Files (equivalent AWS experience)
- 3-5 years-experience with Azure data solutions such as Azure SQL, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake Analytics/Store, HDInsight (equivalent AWS experience)
- 1-3 years-experience with tools such as Databricks, Snowflake, etc.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years-experience in Python with an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, complex data structure, data processing, data quality, data lifecycle, and algorithms.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of/experience with streaming solutions such as Kafka and Azure Stream Analytics
- Solid understanding of/experience with Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies
- Basic understanding of Azure solutions outside of the Azure storage and data platforms
- Basic understanding of Azure non-relational data solutions such as Azure Cosmos D
- Good understanding of data security and governance standard
- Basic understanding of AI/ML approaches leveraging data on Azure