We are seeking a Credit Union Technical Support Engineer to join our team. Under moderate supervision, you will work directly with Financial Institutions, and perform extensive troubleshooting of both template and credit union custom code. You will also be responsible for maintaining and revising existing code, as well as writing new code for enhancements or fixes. Support may be for credit union clients or internal organizations.
Candidate must possess leadership qualities, have the ability to multi-task, be extremely organized and self-motivated, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility and adaption are critical to success
- Minimum of 18 months of experience in programming and/or systems software and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or business-related discipline.
- Able to read and write various programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of the bank/credit union industry.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong grammar and writing skills.
- Able to define system and functional requirements.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Able to interact with and communicate well with other technical associates.
- An understanding of various SDLC methodologies.
- Interacts with product support personnel, and potentially the customer, when the customer’s problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
- Provides technical assistance to customers. Provides support to customers/users if product issues are encountered. Analyzes the problem as described by the customer and determines the best course of action.
- Interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems-level software where the user has a technical background.
- Includes all appropriate departments to facilitate a successful resolution to any client issue.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to software engineering. Creates defect records on all reported issues with supporting files and examples for development to create code fixes.
- Prepares test environment when necessary to simulate, document, or recreate errors or problems reported by customer to determine appropriate action. May prepare test environment and test new enhancements or other internal quality testing.
- Maintains familiarity with company products by attending training classes, observing experienced support personnel, reading software documentation, and participating in online training programs.
- May bid and complete Customer Work Requests (CWRs) in accordance with company standards.
- May be involved in customer installations, upgrades, and training.