As a Senior Frontend Engineer
, you are an experienced engineer who delivers immersive user experiences over complex, nuanced data. Does this sound like you? Guided by data and A/B testing, you use user behavior to optimize engagement. Seamless human-computer interaction, novel visualizations, and intuitive UX inspire you. You are passionate about engineering excellence and foster innovation while remaining practical on implementation.About PrimerPrimer
is pushing the edge of artificial intelligence. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents. Join us!
At Primer we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the analysis of very large corpuses of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies.
You can learn more about Primer's technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog
, as well as recent media coverage
of our work. Primer was chosen by the World Economic Forum among a select group of Technology Pioneers
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with design and product to build functional and delightful product experiences
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Invest in making our UI platform scalable and our teams productive
- Deep knowledge of front-end build tools for validation, transpilation, and bundling (ESLlint, webpack, Babel, etc.)
- Experience building and deploying a single-page application for public use
- Experience developing and maintaining SaaS products
- Proficiency writing unit and integration tests
- 5+ years of professional frontend development
- Strong understanding of UX and Design fundamentals
- Experience with d3.js
- Expertise in tuning web performance
- Knowledge of web serving architecture (e.g. CDNs, caching, load balancers)
What We Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real deadlines from real customers with global name recognition
- Product culture of user experience quality over feature quantity
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Twice weekly catered lunches
- Team outings and bi-weekly company happy hours
- One-of-a-kind LEGO art gallery
- Fun, puzzle-loving office in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.