The pay rate for this role is from $40-$70 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a startup that has ambitious goals to transform the "Internet of pages" into the "Internet of data". The current project is using their search product on an e-commerce site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The immediate project that needs to be implemented is for an existing e-commerce site that is running on Magento. They want to replace the search (Ajax autocomplete), search results, and product page functionality to be rendered dynamically using their search product and its GraphQL API.
If pages such as the product detail page need to be rendered on the server for SEO purposes, it may be necessary to access their GraphQL API via PHP and then render the page from the Magento side.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Getting to know the GraphQL API
- Getting to know the existing Magento site
- Writing JS and PHP SDKs for interacting with their search API to render search results and product pages. The code you write should not only complete the current project, but be easily packaged and reusable to simplify the implementation future projects.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to the CTO and working with 2 other highly-skilled developers. The client is in the America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT time zone.
- Strong English Communication skills
- Experience consuming GraphQL APIs
- Fast learner
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
6 months to 1 year