helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale.
Our product creates a unified profile of customers by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info.
Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using ML. + =
We've been around since 2015, and we're currently serving over 2700+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, and Fjällräven.
Is working with a real-world application that touches the lives of millions, your thing? Then yeah, Gorgias is for you.
What are some of the things we work on?
The backend code is mostly written in Python3
and runs using Flask
(REST API) and Celery
for all background work. The state is stored in PostgreSQL
for async tasks with Redis
for ephemeral storage, and finally, everything runs on top of Kubernetes
Given the above, we usually work on one of these levels by improving the existing API, improve performance, or we create a new feature which more often than not has a component on both backends, and maybe a migration in the database or a maintenance command.
Who are we at work?
We have a strong preference for people who worked with high-traffic web applications
for the past 3+ years
. We're essentially running a distributed system that has lots of moving parts and having a decent amount of experience with this type of system helps a lot!
Additionally, our apps have over 10k daily active users
with sessions longer than 6h+/day
and serve tens of millions
of end consumers per year, so we put great importance on quality, testing, and code-review of all our code. Our apps have big codebases, and we have to feel comfortable about navigating and progressively improving them. Sometimes, however, we gotta and figure out why the 10Tb+ DB
is slow or why some k8s pod is not running correctly, figure out how to successfully retry a failing API request, etc... The end goal is to hide a lot of complexity from the user and make their life easier.
If this is the type of environment you're looking for, then you should consider applying.
About You & Nice to Have
- 3+ years of experience doing back-end development on high-traffic web apps with Python or JS.
- 3+ years of experience working with large RDMS or document databases.
- You are passionate about learning and want to help us learn too.
- You care about working on applications that are putting the customer needs first.
- You are comfortable communicating with other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, demo work in progress, and provide project updates.
- You have the drive and focus to get challenging projects over the finish line, and you are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, equity packages, and performance bonus packages
- 4 weeks of vacation and parental leave
- Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Retirement benefits
- Unlimited snacks
- Health coverage
Useful Things to Know About Gorgias