SemanticBits is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of highly scalable healthcare systems. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ECS, and Terraform to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy complex, modern systems. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that support zero downtime. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
- Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS.
- In-depth, hands on experience withTerraform (strongly preferred) and/or CloudFormation.
- Hands-on understanding of Docker. Be able to write Dockerfiles. Experience with Docker Compose is a plus.
- Familiar with at least one container orchestration platform. ECS or Kubernetes is preferred. Have an understanding and experience of both deploying and maintaining these systems.
- Experience with production deployments using Jenkins. Familiarity with jenkinsfiles is a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting or programming – Bash, Powershell, Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool, such as Ansible.
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux and administration.
- Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege. Be experienced with securing S3 buckets and IAM configurations. Understand security groups and access controls.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence preferred.
- Understand how web applications work and the common tools around them.
- Understand the 12 factor app.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals is appreciated.
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in technological or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC - your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.