We are looking for data scientists with policy research experience to perform data processing and analysis tasks, such as monitoring data quality, applying statistical and data science methods, and creating data visualizations. In this role you will work on multi-disciplinary teams supporting program evaluation and data analytics to inform policy and decision makers.
- Answering research questions or building solutions that involve linking health or healthcare data to other administrative data.
- Designing, planning, and implementing the data science workflow on tasks and projects, involving descriptive statistics, machine learning or statistical analysis, data visualizations, and diagnostics using programming languages such as R or Python
- Communicating results to collaborative project teams using data visualizations and presentations via tools such as notebooks (e.g. Jupyter) or interactive BI dashboards
- Developing and maintaining documentation using Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Implementing quality assurance practices such as version control and testing
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Math, Computer Science, Social Science, or related field of study
- Eight (8) years of experience
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for applying data science and statistics to social impact projects in academic, extra-curricular, and/or professional settings
- Demonstrable skills in R or Python to manipulate data, conduct analyses, and create data visualizations
- Ability to version code using Git
- Experience with healthcare claims and administrative data
- Ability and desire to work independently as part of remote, interdisciplinary teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills