Product Manager - Sessions
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
We are hiring for a key role in our Product organization to lead a product team in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) domain. The IAM product domain sits at the core of Auth0 and is the engine that drives our business. We’re looking for a technically savvy product manager to deliver solutions that empower customers to realize the value of the Auth0 platform. This is a high-impact role that requires you to understand the business challenges and use-cases of our customers across multiple verticals and collaborate with identity experts to shape the product roadmap. Experience in IAM, identity protocols, user management, and IDaaS is highly desirable. A fierce curiosity and strong collaboration skills are your keys to success.
- Own, define and evangelize the roadmap for the IAM-Sessions team.
- Collaborate with the product triad (engineering, design) to define and prioritize the roadmap and iterative deliverables for all aspects of Session Management.
- Lead the effort for discovery work with customers/prospects, internal stakeholders, industry trends, competitive analysis, etc.
- Write requirements for product deliverables including the scope & acceptance criteria (the what) and the business need driving them (the why) so that both the purpose and the intended outcome is clearly understood by all stakeholders.
- Inspire and align the product team to deliver the outcomes in an efficient, iterative manner.
- Work in conjunction with the product managers within the domain and the domain director on cross-team initiatives.
- Work with marketing and field teams to ensure product-market fit and go-to-market success for initiatives.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years experience as a Product Manager in a B2B enterprise software company.
- Have experience using developer tools/platforms or acting as a PM for a developer platform.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have identity experience highly preferred; understands SAML, OAuth, OIDC, and how common authentication mechanisms work.
- Think big and small; can assemble a vision and the strategy/tactics to get there.
- Have experience successfully collaborating with other product teams.
- Are able to work as part of a product triad (Product Management, Engineering, Design) to test hypotheses, conduct discovery, and align efforts (docs, security, marketing, etc.).
- Are capable of developing a strong, positive relationship with the field (sales, professional services).
- Have a learning mindset; curious and seeks data, and encourages this in others.
- Have experience working remotely.
What does success look like during the first year?
- Delivering incremental, continuous value to Auth0 and its customers.
- Defining and maintain a product roadmap for the Sessions team, taking into consideration feature development and technical health/quality.
- Balancing priorities and work with the product triad to manage WIP amidst competing voices/needs both within Auth0 and from our customers.
- Moving beyond tactical execution of delivering known solutions and begin identifying value in new/strategic areas.
- Establishing oneself as the expert voice in the respective product area.
- Building strong, productive relationships with the triad, team and Product Management peers.
Preferred Time Zones
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!