Please apply via Lever
and make sure to say you found the job listing on Stack Overflow!
Octane AI is a venture-backed chatbots and messaging startup seeking a Full-Stack Engineer interested in building the future of bots and artificial intelligence.
Octane AI is the leading conversational marketing automation platform for ecommerce. We use messaging channels like Facebook Messenger and SMS to improve the shopping experience for Shopify merchants and their customers. We work closely with Shopify, Klaviyo, Yotpo, and other top tech platforms in the ecommerce space. We are pioneering the future of ecommerce through conversational commerce. We are an all-remote company and venture backed, some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
You will work directly with our CTO Leif K-Brooks (founder and creator of Omegle, the largest chat platform of its kind, used by millions daily), our Director of Engineering, and our product team, to help build Octane AI's back-end technology and front-end experience. You will be in charge of building and implementing new plugins and features. You will be a critical member of the team, impacting our customers and revenue with the features you develop.More about working in Engineering at Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we'd prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone in the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our codebase, our product, our processes, don't be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings we do a fun thing called "fast parrot". Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It's a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- Our release process involves code review. In rare cases, we deploy without it, but we try hard to make sure at least one more pair of eyes looks at the code.
- Flexible working hours. We have only two meetings a week (they're back-to-back) where the whole team participates and it's necessary to be online. For the rest of the time, it's up to you to choose the most productive schedule for your work.
- Three days a month we have "maintenance days" where you choose what to work on. Usually we work on tech debt, i.e. code cleanup or purely tech improvements.
- Don't work if you are sick. It's way better to rest and recover quicker than work at half power for a long time.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don't hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions, nobody expects you to know everything.
- Work with the product team and engineering teammates to develop and implement new features and plugins for Octane AI. A well-rounded & diversified engineer is ideal for this role. If you love working with frontend mostly, that's also fine as long as you are able to change backend whenever needed.
- Transform our roadmap and your ideas into scalable products and features. You will have the power to guide the direction of the company and the (many) features we build.
- Implement new integrations within Octane AI. You will be working with the Facebook API and the APIs of products and services that we will be integrating into our bots and the Octane AI platform. You should be adept at learning new APIs.
- Help develop and improve Octane AI's architecture.
- Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced startup environment. Be flexible enough to take on any task.
- 5+ years of frontend and backend-back development work. The ideal candidate is a top-tier developer who is comfortable in a startup environment -- AKA putting out fires, learning on-the-fly, and thrives on change and new challenges.
- Important: Experience working with the Facebook API, Redis, AWS DDB.
- Nice to have: ES6/ES7, SASS, React-bootstrap, Redux, Functional programming experience
- Please provide code samples or links to repositories with your code, along with an explanation of your programming philosophy. The more we can understand the way you think about code, the better. It's not an issue if you can't share a piece of code because of an NDA or something else.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, Serbia, Slovenia and more. As long as you can get the work done, we don't care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, sick leave and parental leave
- Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people